Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I was driving today and in the middle of my trip, when I went to pull away from a light, i pushed the clutch peddle and it was like it wasn't connected. The pedal goes to the ground but doesnt disengage the clutch. The clutch is strong and does not slip.

I was hoping the chord split, but I looked under while actuating the clutch peddle and the cable was fine. Is it common for the clutch rod to get unseated? What else could cause this sort of failure? Any input that about a samurai clutch would be appreciated. Could anybody out there lend a hand?

·
Super Moderator
17,582 Posts
Check closely for the lever (arm) slipping on the clutch actuation shaft. IF not there or in the cable portion (as reported proper), then suspect clutch arm bending / breakage, or pivot ball demise. Beyond that...release bearing or pressure plate failure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update, the clutch does slip a little when fully depressed, but not enough to be remotely functional. The arm at the clutch has full range of motion when articulating the clutch pedal. As far as I can tell the arm isn't slipping, bending, or broken. I suspect its something inside the clutch itself. From the sounds of it is there anything in particular I should order/look out for?

The car starts with the clutch in btw, drove it....

·
Super Moderator
17,582 Posts
You should first make every effort to rule out a cable issue, as this is the most prevalent clutch malfunction area to address.

IF per chance you have more that 1" of free play at the top of the clutch pedal travel, I'd inspect the cable, outer casing, pedal linkage and mounting areas for signs of failure.

Then, should it be deemed necessary to advance to within the clutch mechanism proper...you'll need a clutch "kit" consisting of the disc, pressure-plate, release bearing and assembly / alignment tool.

Resurfacing of the flywheel and a close inspection of the clutch actuating arm for being bent or heavily worn at contact points as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts