Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my drivers door has stopped opening from inside or outside (2007 suzuki SX4), and i'm a bit stuck, its hard to do anything when I can't even get the door open & can't get the panel off. The car has a deadlock which might have something to do with it. Here's what happens-

pressing unlock on the key fob- the indicators flash twice but nothing unlocks, either with one or two presses
pressing the unlock request button on the driver door- the indicators flash twice but nothing unlocks (also with one or two presses)
the key in the drivers door will turn to the rear and make a click (locking), but feels like resistance turning to the front (and nothing happens). if i turn it with force to the front the other doors unlock (but not the driver door), but it still doesn't feel like the cylinder is turning fully, and its putting more strain on the key than i'd like
pressing the unlock request button on the passenger door unlocks the door, and pressing it twice unlocks all doors except the drivers door
flicking the unlock switch on the drivers door doesn't do anything

basically nothing will open it, do you have any suggestions about what to do? i'm guessing its a stuck actuator or something like that, but I don't know how you can even access anything if you can't open the door. I've managed to get the door panel enough to reach the actuator a bit awkwardly, but it doesn't really help. The only think I can think of trying is applying a 12v probe to the actuator pins after removing the connector (i have a diagram of the + and - pins to unlock it), but i don't have the bits and pieces to do it and it won't help if its just physically stuck somehow (or the motor is dead). any tips are welcome

thanks

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
Check if your local locksmith or tow Co have a slim-jym..

Or.. remove seat for better access to door..

... Philip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts