Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket or interchangeable shocks/struts for the front and rear of my 05 Verona EX. I priced them through the dealership and they are not cheap!!! I would just like to see if there is anything out there that would be more affordable, new, I am not going to a salvage yard.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been shopping for new struts and I noticed on ebay it pulls up toyota 4runner struts when i search suzuki verona struts. I'm trying to comfirm that I can use them before I order them but you might consider checking ebay out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Although I haven't purchased them myself yet, I've been looking for a replacement strut for my Verona. After a ton of searching around, the Front Struts for a 2002 Daewoo Leganza (the Verona's predecessor) look remarkably the same at Rockauto. However, Monroe's website is currently showing a different picture for this item number. Currently, I have received no reply from Monroe about this, but Rockauto has said that they have never had a complaint about the fit on the Leganza. But, being that I don't have a Leganza to compare to, that doesn't help me. At Autozone.com they have Gabriel brand struts for the Leganza and they too look the same as the Verona.

I haven't compared Rear Struts yet.

It seems that a lot of info on interchange is sketchy at best, I've seen parts not shown as compatible between a Verona and an Epica.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did receive a reply from Monroe (eventually) and it said that their catalog doesn't show that part number (71474) for the Verona/Epica so they don't recommend using it. They didn't answer my question though as to which picture was correct for the product. Checking now, it appears that it's the one that looks like the Verona front struts MONROE SHOCKS & STRUTS :: e-Catalog . I still never bought them, but when I was doing some front end work I took some quick measurements and they appear to be about the same. That said, if you get them make sure there's a return policy just in case.. haha.

The Leganza rears looks a lot like the fronts. I looked at the Verona's rears and they are totally different.. they have a bushing at the bottom, almost like a shock. The search continues for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts