Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 sx4 2wd JA
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 SX4 hatchback with the two litre submodel JA.
I've been looking for struts for it. All I seem to be able to find are struts for the models Le or crossover. Not sure what I should be buying. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
882 Posts
IN Canada (not sure of your exact location, please fill up your profile/signature with all car details and location)....
...welll....in Canada, trims were JA, JX and JLX. These labels were not used in other countries, so that is why you cannot find same labels...anyway I'd go with the "crossover"...
RockAUto seems to have 2 models: one for Crossover&LE and another for
Sport SE&Sportback. THe SportSE is the sedan........what size tires do you have....?
THe sedan came only in 2WD.....yours is the hatchback...do you have AWD ?

·
Registered
2012 sx4 2wd JA
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your time I filled out all that information on my account so that my car can be identified.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have ... 15inch tires.
Yeah..that was my suspicion...I had seen the JA with the 15in tires...which are the base tires also for the 2WD sedan, which might explain the strut option offered for sport (sedan) and sportback(the base hatchback, hence JA in Canada). I do not know if those base models came with a different or smaller roll bar which would possibly make brackets different.....others forum members might tell....so if that was the case, it could mean choosing the specific strut...
JX and JLX have 16in tires and even a 17in option. With 15in tires, ground clearance is 0.4in (1cm) lower (according to specs) .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts