Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock struts for a geo tracker are hard to match up with a boot kit....finally found one that matches up. KYB SB101, strut boot kit fits and can be found on Amazon, EBay, Rockauto, and the like, FYI!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,542 Posts
Good to know, and thanks for posting this info. My struts are....oops....original, so this is in my future. Thanks!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope to save y'all some frustration! Called Monroe, KYB, Gabriel and NONE of those companies could recommend or cross reference a strut boot for said strut they sold! It was a very poor example of customer service these days. BTW, my rig is riding waaaay nicer with some fresh struts! PEACE

·
Registered
1 Posts
The stock struts for a geo tracker are hard to match up with a boot kit....finally found one that matches up. KYB SB101, strut boot kit fits and can be found on Amazon, EBay, Rockauto, and the like, FYI!!!
what year and model are you exactly talking about.Got a geo I need to work on and looking for directions

·
Registered
1991 Hardtop 3-door Tracker 1.6L 4WD 5-Speed No A/C
625 Posts
It's been a LONG time since I replaced my struts, but I thought the boots came with them.

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
It's been a LONG time since I replaced my struts, but I thought the boots came with them.
Generally speaking, replacement struts are rarely supplied with boots, some manufacturers offer a fully assembled "quick strut" which includes the boot, coil spring & mount, but the Sidekick/Tracker doesn't use a "coil-over" type strut.

what year and model are you exactly talking about.Got a geo I need to work on and looking for directions
You're asking a question of a guy who hasn't been active since 2016, I wouldn't expect a response, and the year & model don't really matter - the procedure for replacing the front struts on a a Geo Tracker doesn't change - jack the car up, put it on axle stands, put a jack under the control arm to support it, unbolt the strut and remove it.

The real question is what is your skill/experience level and how well equipped are you - swapping out the struts on a Tracker is a Saturday morning (or afternoon) job - not particularly difficult or time consuming, if you have the knowledge & the tools.

Reactions: Bear95
1 - 6 of 6 Posts