Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows it going guys, i have a small problem, got a suzuki sierra with a nissan ca18det motor in it, nissan five speed box but standard transfer case and diffs. these just aren't strong enough for the power wondering if anyone has any ideas on what running gear would be the easiest to put under the tiny beast. Dave-O

·
Registered
20 Posts
You could try Toyota Hilux Axles & Diffs. They're a fair bit tougher then the stock sierra ones. You might also want to consider some better drive shafts such as these; CV Drive Shaft. As for transfer case you might want to look at a hilux one as well but I'm nto sure how well that would mount up under the body.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Agreed, I have heard that Hilux diffs are the way to go (and you can even get a LSD head to fit in some models like the 4x4 LiteAce).
As for the transfer, there is a local guy running the same engine in his Suzi and he is using the gearbox/transfer combination from a Pathfinder/Terrano/Navara. You should find that with Nissan gearboxes all the clusters are mounted through a common plate which allows you to use different bell or tail housings. This allows a "standard" gearbox to be modified to suit different engine blocks, different shifters (eg column or floor change) or even different applications (for a van, ute/pick-up or even a 4x4). Just mix and match to get the right combination for your application :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts