Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does your tracker ride? And do you have any suspension modifications?
My 93 2dr tin top- I have, what i think is a 2 in budget boost, nothing fancy yet.
It seems to ride a it stiff in the rear.
My guess is it is the coil spacers back there.

So does any one know of some soft springs that provide a 2in lift over stock.

Id like to get a better ride on the street if possible and better flex on the trails.
Thanks in advanced for any help

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
What are you running for tires and at what air pressure? :huh:

Currently stock springs and shocks? Or do you know.

·
Super Moderator
13,691 Posts
Coil spacers won't significantly change the ride quality, that is, provided you've dealt with the need for longer travel shocks/struts and aren't over extending and banging them against the stops.

Remember - you're using the same coil springs, so the spring rate doesn't change.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have changed the rear shocks out with the proper ones.I dont know if the springs are the stock springs in the rear or not.
Tires- Goodyear wrangler radial, 235/75 rim 15 by 7 crager soft 8s. tire pressure should be the recommended for the tire.
I had the same ride with the previous tires as well.

Maybe ill play with the tire pressures and see if she rides a bit smoother

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
The air should be as recommended by the truck. You have a light vehicle, requires lower pressure....

.... Philip

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
tire pressure should be the recommended for the tire
Yeah, caution there as the stated sidewall displayed pressure is the MAX allowed, not what typically works. ;)

Follow your Owner's Manual or door jamb sticker for that recommended PSI setting.

You should probably be in the mid to high 20's.

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
I dont know if the springs are the stock springs in the rear or not.
Then a follow-on course of action is a bit of a gamble / experimentation effort here. :(

·
Super Moderator
13,691 Posts
I have changed the rear shocks out with the proper ones.I dont know if the springs are the stock springs in the rear or not.
Tires- Goodyear wrangler radial, 235/75 rim 15 by 7 crager soft 8s. tire pressure should be the recommended for the tire.
I had the same ride with the previous tires as well.

Maybe ill play with the tire pressures and see if she rides a bit smoother
There seem to be a lot of "unknowns" here - too many for my liking - but what bothers me more is the nature of your responses.

We can only make suggestions based on what you tell us, and you're not exactly being forthcoming - the other guys have already dealt with the "recommended pressure" so will ignore that.

Let's talk about "proper shocks" which you say you have installed.

What do you define as the "proper" shocks for your "budget boost" - would that be OE replacements (which might be too short), or some off the shelf part selected based on length (which many lift kit providers do) or is it selected based on length AND valving - which only one suspension provider I know of does - and they don't fall into the category of "budget boost".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doetsch Tech 3000 Series Shocks,
I was just wanting to know if any one knows of a place to buy some springs that are 2 in longer than the original ones.
The other part was, i wanted to know was how other members would rate the ride quality in their kicks.
Maybe my original post was worded incorrectly, im not looking for anyone to give me a mystery fix

Reactions: riley

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just did a BDS 2inch lift. It is a spring lift, not coil spacers or body. The ride is stiff as the springs have an extra 3 coils than the stock ones, I notice it a lot more in the rear than the front.They kit came with strut extenders and new shocks. I have 235/75 wranglers on it with 94 f150 rims that I refurbished, they are stretched and the pressure is pretty high. If you are looking for ride comfort I would not suggest this kit. If you plan on offroading and abusing it like I am, it works quite well.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
More coils on a spring make it softer, to be harder it would need to be a thicker gauge wire. I've had a couple of kits fitted and the biggest problem is usually shocks that aren't properly matched to the springs, either in length or in the damping rates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts