Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I bought a car for my father. We got the SX4 4x4. It was delivered to the dealer for an inspection yesterday and it will be ready for pickup in a couple of days.

We noticed that the exhaust manifold where it connects to the engine was unusually dark, looked like it was burnt. The manifold itself was red and brown. The odometer on the car shows only 11 miles. The sales person told me that this is normal but when I asked to see other cars we did not see the same discoloration in any other SX4. The few that we looked at were new like mine and some had 400+ miles. None of the other cars had an exhaust manifold that looked like the one on our new car.

Is this an indication that the car overheated? Is this normal? I am worried that the person that drove my car for 11 miles may have over exerted it or the car might have an issue. I do not know a lot about cars so if this is a silly question please forgive me. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tina

·
Registered
929 Posts
My honest answer: its fine. But when you deal with cars that have not been broken in you are bound to have problems... Someone could of taken that thing out and gunned it. I'd say maybe try to get another or make sure they cover that thing until at least 15,000 miles!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts