Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, So when I come to a complete stop the car rpms drop to zero and usually bounce right back up but it accasionly dies.. And two times the car has stuck at 2,000 rpms and just stays there at full stop no gas, then goes away when I put it in gear... I dont know what to check, btw i noticed this after accidently putting in a lil more gas after the pump turned off..... Already did a search but didnt see anything quite like my problem.. I do have a cold air intake but the map sensor is snug in its hole but I do notice when I shut it off the sound off air pushing out of the throttle body but theres no leaks... please help.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Need to check IAC function and MAP for contamination, to start with.

Also Check the small PCV hose on from the valve cover to the throttle body. Seen a lot of these get eroded with oil.

As far as noises with CAI they are normal. You hear all sorts of things that are usually muffled.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm guessing manual?

Good luck. I have had this same issue since I bought the car at 3800 miles. 15 dealer trips, first-name-basis interaction with regional manager... no luck. Because it's an intermittent problem, and the dealers won't take the time to actually interact with the car to observe the problem, they won't even acknowledge there is a problem.

They have replaced the IAC (Idle Air Controller), throttle body, cleaned the injectors, and accused me of not knowing how to drive a manual. (That one earned them lotsa points...) Finally washed their hands of it and let me slide out of warranty without any meaningful attempt to dig in and find the problem.

I won't be buying another Suzuki product. Ever. I've seen their ramshackle dealer/service structure. The dealer network is falling apart, they can't keep techs because they pay them peanuts (per the techs), and they don't train troubleshooting or problem-solving - just following the shop manual. I have yet to find a Zuki tech in the Phoenix area who can fix a problem that isn't step-by-step from the manual. Were 5 dealers here - now 1.

Like I said, good luck. The suggestion here to check the hose is good, I hadn't heard that. I'm of the opinion that the problem we are having is electrical, related to some sensor sending bad data. The MAP sensor might be an easy swap-out, if the hose doesn't help. Been planning that one myself when I get the time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
IAC function

I don't know if you are still checking this thread...but when the previous poster referred to the "IAC function"....they were talking about the Idle Air Controller.

I'm not a mechanic so I can't tell you exactly how to check the IAC...but I've read else-where on this site that if you can get the car into closed-loop idle (car is warm and idling steadily)....then unplug the IAC....nothing should happen.

Conversely...if you can't get a steady idle (which sounds like your problem)...you can unplug the IAC and if nothing happens then that is probably your problem.

The IAC should be controlling the amount of air being allowed into the mix at idle. If you disconnect it the car should idle very poorly. If nothing changes then it's already doing nothing...so it needs to be replaced. You can order an IAC from here: RockAuto Parts Catalog

They run about $145 and are pretty simple to change out.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Probably the big thing is to check it against a scan tool and maybe check for carbon build up in the throttle. Carbon can cause it to stick or not function smoothly or simply a failing stepper motor in the IAC itself (That is what moves it).

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cleaned my TB a hundred times I swear lol. and then the problem slowly dissapeared kina weird but its been about a month with no return problem... Now Im having new problems... The engine just doesnt want to pull the car along at normal speeds, I have my a pillar in now Im good on voltage, running stoich and have good oil psi, Im guna change the plugs and wires and see if this helps hopefully my test pipe will arrive soon as well and help the car scooot along better.. Ive got allot done to the forenza just havent had time to get pics yet, but i'll get them for you all asap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts