Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

last weekend I plugged in an OBD scanner into the diagnostic port and had a look at some of the ECU values in the Kizashi. I use an android application called "Torque" to talk to the OBD. One of the things the app does is calculate the fuel consumption based on the engine size and readouts from various sensors.

Now I noticed a very strange thing: When taking my foot of the throttle, the car naturaly starts to slow down breaking with the engine. If the speed is above ~80km/h, both the onboard computer and torque show 0l/100km.

But once the speed drops below 80km/h, torque shows that the consumption goes up to ~1.5l/100km. Onboard computer still shows 0l/100km.

Even stranger is that when I downshift and rev up the engine to 4000rpm the fuel consumption goes up to ~3-4l/100km. (The foot is off the throttle all the time.)

Also, if I compare the average fuel consumption reported by the onboard computer, it is always lower by ~1l/100km than the real consumption (calculated via the distance/amount of fuel method). So the car cheats saying it uses less gas than it really does.

Did anyone else notice this?

It is a 2011 AWD CVT version.

Thanks,
Klement

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. I have a manual prestige at 1350 Kim's 2weeks old and have just been on trip at 765 Kms with 7.6 L/ 100 return. This is around 31 mpg for 445 miles.

Not to bad as the drive was a bit hilly with speeds average 92 Kms per hour, 57 mph approx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts