Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone can tell me the stock spring length on the 4dr sidekicks, front and rear. I've been looking online, but can only find the spring rates. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do we need to teach you how to search the internet then? :)
most springs companies have detailed catalogs with spring data, here is just one for free, easy to find quite a few others.
It still doesn't give me the spring length. I've checked a few other catalogues and they don't even include suzuki or the sidekick/vitara or spring lengths either.. I was thinking maybe someone has measured a stock spring before.

·
Registered
507 Posts
gee man, you either really struggle with simple tasks or you are too impatient to even scroll down a pdf.... go to page 139, wire diameter, spring diameter and length given....

·
Registered
507 Posts
with this kind of info crossing i managed to build a 2" lift with SOFT rates, just using springs from other cars, runs really smooth while having tons of articulation.

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
One word of caution - the ROC chart provided and every other after-market spring manufacturer's chart I've ever seen provides data on the after-market springs made by that manufacturer and not the OEM springs - yes, ROC provides what they consider a standard replacement spring, but you have no guarantee that their standard replacement is an exact match for the OEM part.

Case in point - ROC calls out the same part (CS3556) for the front of both the SQ420W & SQ625W Grand Vitaras - these two vehicles do not use the same OEM front spring,

Reactions: jessfromstatefarm
1 - 7 of 7 Posts