Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've replaced my suspension with Old Man Emu, what should I do with the stock leafs? Is there any market for these at all, or should I just toss 'em?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
They are good to keep as spares.

OME's are really nice. But in the end they are not immortal. (Sorry, lots of good sci-fi movies on today).

It is good to keep some spares on hand in case you snap a leaf or two. one day a few years ago I noticed that the rear of my daaily driver zook sat a little low. It had Ome's all around. I found leaves snapped in both rear packs. The abuse my suspension took every day on baddly rutted roads took its toll.
Spares are good.
;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
i am looking to put rears all the way around on mine, as opposed to the popular rears up front (RUF) with CJs in the rear. I found a set on craigslist for 20 bucks so you might try selling them there, im sure somebody could use them. there are a few sets on ebay for too much IMO.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nothing is trash. ;)
After I extended my front frame, added a winch mount, then winch, snow plow sub-frame, then plow I figured out I needed to add another leaf or two.
I ended up adding an 'add-a-leaf' a buddy gave me, that I thought I would never use.
(I think it was a add a leaf. I have a pile of leaf springs I just pull from... so I'm not totally sure.)
never trash a thing. you will need it a week later.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
you can make swords out of old leaf springs too! There's some lady that sells medeval swords at the swapmeet that she made out of used leafsprings for about 50 dollars/sword.

Just another option.... :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts