Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased 2007 xl7, basically loaded but now find out, base headunit, no mp3 or sat. radio...
I will if have to, "upgrade" but that is way expensive!!!

I see on ebay, companies that have "pulled" headunits from GM cars, that have mp3 and sat. radio. I can tell it will fit of course in xl7 dash but...will it work?

Can a dealer "flash" it to work, or is there some block not letting it work?

Reason I ask, can obtain a pulled unit for about $200, whereas ordering from dealer new is over $1000!!!

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
Even some of the cheapest Pioneers and JVCs will play MP3 discs, have an AUX Input jack in the front and be XM/Sirrius compatible. Including the cost of a wire-harness and dash kit will be very similar to buying one of those GM ones. Besides, the major problem will be finding a harness to "mate" the suzuki wire harness with the GM harness. Most likely you'll be cutting and splicing wires, which are prolly going to be different colors.

My advice, look at crutchfield's site. Input your car and see what fits. HookedOnTronics - Consumer Electronics @ Top Discounts has awesome prices once you know what fits! This will be much less of a headache than messing with factory head units of different makes, and the splicing horrors that will insue.

·
Registered
49 Posts
GM radio swap

It may work, the XL7 is made by GM, it is basically the same as an Equinox, but you need to look at the harness and see if they are the same. My forenza has a Daewoo plug so it could be different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts