Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read so much about changing engines that i still can`t find a logical answer. Currently have a 98 Vitara with basic 1.6L engine. Would be great if anyone new of an established team from anywhere within the UK or Republic of Ireland who could do this for me and take such a weight of my shoulders. Any ideas are welcome as thought about the efi 16v to all sorts that its twisting my melon man. Would like to keep the 2wd/4wd if possible but basically need the 1.6L to be replaced as it is slow. Thanks for any help,have looked at previous threads but it just confused me more and hoping someone has come up with such a fab idea and finally get over this brick wall i keep running into. Thankyou...

·
Super Moderator
24,222 Posts
Funnily enough, I live in Ireland and can't think of anywhere that I would be able to drive that I would need something faster than my (8v, by the way) 1.6L engine. So that would lead me to believe that possibly your car isn't timed or tuned properly? I cruise up the M1 to Belfast occasionally, doing about 75-80, with no problem at all.
I would wonder if you have ever done a compression test on the engine, to make sure that it's timed correctly - and made sure your plugs are gapped to .07mm, as well. ????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts