Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my friends its been awhile but I have a problem if my exp. guys can help please. I changed my valve cover, sparkplugs, cleaned out carb, rotor, etc. now before I had no idling problems at all, Now it revs over 3100rpm cold and hot. can anyone help? thanks a lot.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check the throttle cable and its linkage and make sure it works smoothly and is not hanging up on anything.
The cable itself, right before it attaches to the carburetor should have a little free play in it. It should not be taut at all. If it is, it is hanging up on something, or the cable bracket is installed incorrectly or deformed, or the cable free play adjustment is too tight.
The cam the throttle cable pulls on and rotates should come to a rest on an idle adjustment screw. If not, the cam nut might be too tight or something is interfering with the linkage.
Try unhooking the throttle cable from the carburetor and see if it will idle normally. If it does, you have a problem somewhere in the cable, linkage or at the gas pedal itself.
Also check to see that the choke valve(s) and its related linkage is moving freely and not stuck closed.
Sorry if I'm being vague, my samurai has a weber 32/36 but I think the advice applies to pretty much any carb. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check the throttle cable and its linkage and make sure it works smoothly and is not hanging up on anything...
Good advice here. My Samurai is extremely sensitive to this. If the throttle cable is under the least bit of stress, it will idle high like you describe.

I saw your question and was going to say this, but P1Nky beat me to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts