Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought my 2008 SX4 just a couple of months ago and one thing I've noticed since buying it that the steering is stiffer than any other car I've owned. While going along, the usual free movement when negotiating slight bends is not there, it's as if the steering column if rubbing against something or similar, it's not free.....
I looked to see if I had a power steering fluid res, but no, just the usual clutch/brake fluid res. I have that light on the dashboard which indicates an electrical power steering? It's annoying more than anything as my wrists start aching after a while, any ideas?
Thanks
Nige

·
Registered
853 Posts
Obviously, since you have an electric P/S, you do not live in America. Can you provide details about that or better yet, fill up your profile. Also specify model (hatchback or sedan) engine type, transmison type (OK you have a clutch..) , 2WD or 4WD/AWD... THis usually makes forum members closer to your place with more similar vehicles to reply.

·
Registered
853 Posts
... the warning light goes off when I start the car. :)
AS an electrical engineer, I'm always startled by the fact that "goes OFF" in popular terminology actually means "turns ON" in electrical terminology.....:eek::confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
We are UK and have an Auto SX4 with electric power steering. The steering does have more feel than other cars I have driven and almost feels like no power assist when parking. Did think it might be faulty but think it is normal on these cars, If there was a fault it would show on the orange dash light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts