Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a weber carb along with 2 '' exhaust and header.I also had to replace my throttle cable but now it sticks and I have to slap the gas pedal to free it??like when I change gears and let of the gas my engine will race unless i tap the gas real quick?Ive checked everything but all appears to be adjusted right,any clues anyone???

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Your throttle cable is hanging up on something. With old cables its most likely at the firewall where the cable starts to frey and doesn't slide in the sleeve so well, it eventually snaps. If you just intalled a new one then maybe you routed it with too tight a turn in the line. You need to keep the cable run smooth with big loops. Pulling it too tight will kink the line and it won't feed well. Check your return spring on the throttle linkage on the carb and make sure it's in the right hole and is pulling solid on the throttle return mechanism.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well,I checked everything and it all looks ok.I routed the cable out from the firewall & around the front of the engine like it was??Would it help to shoot a little wd-40 in the sleve??It doesnt hang all of the time?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is my engine compartment and hopefully you can see how I have the throttle cable ran.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
that's how it's supposed to run all right. Might be getting a little hot pressed against the valve cover by that tube, but other than that it looks just fine. Shoot some wd40 down inside the sleeve and see if that helps. Something else to check is a Sticking linkage on the carb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts