Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This month, January 2018, had a problem with the steering lock. It was locking and unable to turn the ignition key to release it. Fiddle and wiggled the key and the steering wheel for anything from 5 - 20 minutes and then it would suddenly free up so I could start the engine.

Suspected I'd need a new ignition barrel and the Suzuki dealer in Cheltenham confirmed this.
They fixed it but it cost £327 for a new ignition barrel and fitting, about 1.5 hours labour.

In the box came new door and tailgate locks too but as it would have meant another hour, and an additional £95, to have them fitted I'm just managing with having to use two keys for now.
It's going in for MOT at my local garage end of this month so I'll ask them how much for them to fit the new locks, must admit I'm finding it a pain having two keys. I sprayed the old one with white gloss paint so I could tell the difference as they are identical otherwise!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update - My local garage did fit the locks to the two front doors, couldn't fit the tailgate lock as it is the wrong one, appears to be the wrong way around to be fitted to the existing rods etc. Maybe for a different model or year.
Anyway, they only charged me £40 for the time so that was reasonable as I was a bit iffy about doing it myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts