Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I bought a 2010 Sx4 about 2 weeks ago it's my first car and love it, but what I hate is the stereo.

I meant to check it fully worked but never mind. The radio side works fine but the CD changer doesn't even want to take in CD disks. So to circumvent it, I went and got one of these cheapo Bluetooth things that you connect your iPod or phone to and then the gadget broadcasts a local flag signal for the stereo to use.

So I've got it all up and running and it was fine for about 5 mins. Whilst on the drive to work it kept interrupting the music and said "PI Search". It would do that for say 10 or 15 seconds and it would then continue the music for another minute before rinsing and repeating.

First of all what does PI search mean? And secondly how the hell do I stop it doing that? Cause it's really annoying. I would check the manual but I'm not currently home.

I'm just thinking of having a new stereo fitted full stop if it's too much hassle and faff to sort it out.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Couple of things I found on google:
PI Seek appears when the radio reception is weak.
I Seek appears when the radio reception is weak. or something to do with RDS turned on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. If it thinks the signal I week from that Bluetooth thing that is odd as it's right next to the stereo.

I might just buy a new stereo.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
disable the RDS and traffic notifications in the radio, I think its trying to find data signals from the local stations and failing. My GARMIN POS did that, I just fitted a decent head unit that now does all I want it to. Android based so its basically a tablet with dvd / cd player, dual usb in, BT and reversing cam and radio. Also has nav so I can use the factory fitted (to the head unit) iGO or google maps, or any other android based nav app. Also has wifi so I can leech off public networks for updates while the car is parked.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I might think about that. I do need a sat nav as well.

Thanks for the suggestions I shall see how it works out.
easier option and probably cheaper, get a basic head unit thats got a cd, usb/sd card reader and a radio and buy a satnav unit that has lifetime free maps, way easier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the advice guys.

the radio has stopped doing it's searches after i turned that search button thing off...

so far so good with my cheapo gadget, working ok for now. Still looking at head units, but trying my best not to spend hundreds.

many thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts