Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in the car audio business on and off for over 5 years...currently opening my own shop in Panama City Florida...If you have any questions about systems,installing, good products,tips,alarms, etc...I'm your guy...And for those that need help 07 Reno uses a Metra 99-7951 dash kit and a 70-8405 wiring harness.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello, i am having trouble powering up my JVC KD-G830 , whenever i hook the ground and the yellow cable (negatave, and ground) it gets power for a couple seconds, and i can hear the cd drive powering up, but than it shuts off.

I was thinking it might have something to do with the illumination cable that is in the back of the drive, i think that might have to be connected in order for the lcd screen to stay on and the deck to actually stay on for longer than 5 minutes.

The only problem is that the illumination cable is only one cable, so i dont know what other cable to use to make the circuit, but i might even be completely off base, and the illumination cable has nothing to do with it, i dunno, if you think you could help please email me at [email protected], thanks! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
hello, i am having trouble powering up my JVC KD-G830 , whenever i hook the ground and the yellow cable (negatave, and ground) it gets power for a couple seconds, and i can hear the cd drive powering up, but than it shuts off.

Yellow = constant power
Red = switch power
Black = ground

If all of these hooked up correctly then there may be something wrong with the deck

I was thinking it might have something to do with the illumination cable that is in the back of the drive, i think that might have to be connected in order for the lcd screen to stay on and the deck to actually stay on for longer than 5 minutes.
If the deck resets itself like that it is probably something wrong with the deck, I have seen a Sony do that where it will reset itself every few minutes.

Not trying to hijack this thread but I have some experience with car audio as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Blupeanut (and steven)

I have an stereo problem with my 2004 'zuki swift I'm hoping you're still aound to help. I was trying to fix the CD player (it no longer ejects the CD) by trying to pull off the facia (without undoing the screws at the back - I didn't know about these screws at the time but i should have known - stupid me!) and now the display has gone blank. I can no longer see the radio station nor the volume. The volume and tuning controls also make strange clicking sounds when used. I think I must have unset some connectors between the facia and the radio unit. The radio still works along with the steering wheel controls (as well as the CD, i assume) but I just can't see anything. Is there anyway to fix this without replacing the entire radio/CD facia unit?

It's a Clarion stereo (I'm in Australia) and I want to eventually install an ipod adaptor but I believe this will be a bit pointless if you I can't see the display.

Hope you can help
Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi i own a 2004 Liana and i recently had my clutch changed and i guess they had to disconect the battery then my stereo was asking for a code, i put the wrong one in three times and now it only says off i have since found the correct code but how do i enter it because the display only says off? any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 Forenza radio and remote mirrors control

2006 Forenza: The radio and remote mirrors control stopped working at the same time. How do you fix?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts