Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just bought a 86 samurai for $200 and it needs some work so i hope you guys are ready. The guy i got this from has already done the spring over axle lift on it. Its homemade and it dont look good but it works fine. What im wanting to do is clean things up to make it look better and add 2" springs to raise it a little more. I can handle the drive shaft and brake lines but what do i do for the steering? I want it to drive as good as possible.

·
Registered
616 Posts
steering and lift...

First, take a look at the following page:

Bumpsteer Explained
Ack's FAQ: Your 4X4 Portal To All Things Suzuki/Geo

I have an '88 Samurai with a 4.5" SPOA that I can easily drive (if you ignore the other ride characteristics :D ) on major interstate trips (400 miles) because of the Over The Top (OTT) steering system that I installed - which eliminated bumpsteer.

You can live with bumpsteer for a while, but it does get pretty old...

You mentioned that you wanted to lift your truck even more than it is now.

Before you do, this consider the following article - especially if you plan to use your truck as a daily driver:

"The Six Inch Rule" by Tim Tackett
Ack's FAQ: Your 4X4 Portal To All Things Suzuki/Geo

Both of the above articles are part of the collection of searchable articles and links found at Ack's FAQ: Suzuki Sidekick and Geo Tracker 4X4 offroading information. There are nearly 600 links in the search engine database that take you to useful information found on the best Suzuki Samurai/TracKick websites.

I hope that this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts