Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I turn the wheel I get a sqeeking noise in the steering wheel, it is inside the car Ive checked a hundred times. What could it be? Should it be fixed? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know man. One time I got this terrible grinding noise from my old Buick Regal when I turned it, but that's because the power steering pump was going bad. I highly doubt that's your problem. Could just be some dirt got in some bearings or something.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine does it all the time at parking lot speeds but its loudest mainly in the morning (a lot less noise to interfere with the sound). I believe its the steering wheel shaft rubbing on the firewall boot, this has been discussed here before and somebody suggested lubing the boot to make the whine go away, hasn't bothered me enough to try it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Category: Technical TSB No. TS 01 04286
SUBJECT: A NOISE CAN BE HEARD SIMILAR TO GROWLING OR RUBBING
WHEN TURNING THE STEERING WHEEL LEFT OR RIGHT, MOST
NOTICEABLE WHEN PARKING
MODEL(S): FORENZA, FORENZA WAGON, RENO (RQ420)
YEAR: 2004~2006
AFFECTED VIN(S): ~KL5JD56Z95K197876
CONDITION: A noise can be heard inside the vehicle when turning the steering wheel.
CAUSE: Rubber to rubber contact of steering shaft dust boot.
CORRECTION: Please follow the attached instructions to lubricate the rubber boot where the
steering shaft goes through the firewall. On vehicles up to the affected VIN, cut
away a section of rubber from the dust boot of the lower steering shaft. Vehicles
on and after the affected VIN will have the updated dust boot.

·
Registered
388 Posts
As SuzukiTech provided should fix most but in the odd occurrence it does not they have also had the plastic check balls in the rack deform and cause similar noise.

FUN Huh!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
i guess that it's such a quick fix that next time i'm under the car i could probablly do it in 10 minutes lol. Being lazy sux, i should quit trying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts