Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie when it comes to car stereos. I have an 06 Reno (convenience package).

If I were to replace the head unit with an aftermarket one, would that screw up all my steering wheel mounted controls? As in, would they no longer work?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Although they do make aftermarket steering wheel controls also. I love the steering wheel controls and have looked into this. You have to buy a stereo that can take controls of course. You might be able to use the existing wiring in the column to make installation easier.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ya I find myself trying to use it in my wifes 04 neon and miss it. dang neons and no steering wheel controls. :(

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
pattiandy said:
anyone know how to remove the cables from the heater/ac controls so i can remove the console?
If I even tried to explain you would think I'm an idiot. It's so confusing. The best advice I can give is just to examine it really closly and fiddle with it gently untill you figure it out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey guys this post it's old but here is my wondering, the unit in my chevy optra is Eclipse, if I change my head unit to another Eclipse unit model, my steering wheel remote would remain operatable? maybe?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just emailed Eclipse to make sure!! I'd wait what they have to say, the point is upgrade but keeping the magic of the stock appearance!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I Finally changed the unit for another eclipse headunit, installed a PAC-AUDIO SWI-X Interface and programming the functions in the steering and VOILA everything is working now!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts