Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm if the steering wheel column is the same in swift 2005 and swift 2011?

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
nope, can be totally different columns. Will depend on whether they are electric or hydraulic assist, and market it was manufactured for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, can be totally different columns. Will depend on whether they are electric or hydraulic assist, and market it was manufactured for.
But the boss kits which are available for 3rd party steering wheel says that it fits any swift from 2000 to 2017

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
The fact that the boss kit can fit doesn't mean the columns are the same.

Essentially the boss kit needs to match three areas - spline & securing method and turn signal cancel cam - I'd estimate that accounts for no more than 10% of the steering column - the boss kit could fit and the column still be different.

I have a Momo wheel with boss currently installed in a GV, it's also been in a Swift, and those columns are VERY different.

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
But the boss kits which are available for 3rd party steering wheel says that it fits any swift from 2000 to 2017
That is totally different to asking if the columns are different, you want to know about steering wheel fitting. And boss kit splines as Fordem has stated are specific to year and model, and may cross fit others. In this case, I think they are compatible across the years mentioned, but the column itself is different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts