Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at what hieght in a spring under lift will you have to get a steering correction and what steering correction are availible? can a high steer solution still be used?

·
Registered
616 Posts
The two most common steering correctiions are Over The Top (OTT) and a lowered pittman arm.

Since you are doing a spring lift, Problems with the OTT tierod clearing the springs are nonexistant.

The simpler solution would be the Drop pittman - as long as you don't mind the tierod being very low. You can keep everything stock (save money!) with a drop pittman.

My 2 cents. :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have several friends - one is an LJ owner - who wish they had never seen a missing link type shackle much less actually purchased them!

Apparently they they sacrifice Daily Driver suspension stability for offroad flexability.

It's your truck - and your choice. I'm in the "Drive it to and from the trail" Camp so I would not by those types of shackles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i drive it to and from the trail but im pretty sure if you dont drive it like a corvette it should be fine right? just know whats under you and respect that

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
i drive it to and from the trail but im pretty sure if you dont drive it like a corvette it should be fine right? just know whats under you and respect that
Exactly the mindset that I wish others had!

My white zook has had a form of drop shackle for the last 10 years or so... Remember it is a zook and not a sports car and you should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts