Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
My Sport is having a problem of no start. After checking every place I found out that the starter switch is the culprit. At the moment, I remove out the plastic covers, both up and down, at the steering wheel. Unless I start it with the right hand and the left hand pressing this, look at the picture, otherwise it will not start. Are there any ways I can repair it or I have to replace it? It is interchangeable with the one from the 1.6? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,462 Posts
What exactly are you pressing? It would seem that, having to press something to get the starter to work, would indicate a bad connection/wiring. Maybe give more info?

·
Super Moderator
13,727 Posts
Bex - it's not unusual for the internal contacts of the switch to wear with time & usage - pressing the end of the switch might add enough pressure that a worn contact could connect - I've disassembled at least one ignition switch and "built-up" the contacts with solder - amazingly enough, that switch is still working several years later.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem solved!

Take the only one screw out and cut one edge of the hole completely and drill it at the base of the switch. When the switch is reassembled with the screw half way in, adjust the switch to find the crank position by cranking the truck. If the truck fires up easily at which point, screw it up with a lock washer.
Notice: This modification can works only under one condition. When you have the problem of cranking the truck, remove the switch (the one with the arrow) out of the assembly, crank the truck with a screwdriver. If the truck fires up. Then, this modification will work!

Anyone has this problem should try this way first before throwing the switch away!
It is useful to any one stranded or needing it to work again, now.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Take the only one screw out and cut one edge of the hole completely and drill it at the base of the switch. When the switch is reassembled with the screw half way in, adjust the switch to find the crank position by cranking the truck. If the truck fires up easily at which point, screw it up with a lock washer.
Notice: This modification can works only under one condition. When you have the problem of cranking the truck, remove the switch (the one with the arrow) out of the assembly, crank the truck with a screwdriver. If the truck fires up. Then, this modification will work!

Anyone has this problem should try this way first before throwing the switch away!
It is useful to any one stranded or needing it to work again, now.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it still works up to now. However, how long is to wait and see!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts