Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have replace a complete motor and trans 1300cc into my 88 samurai, the problem is when i turn the key.... it turns over so slowly rarely actually is able to fire the motor up, i thought it was the battery, but i grabbed the battery from my other samurai which always turns the motor and it also barely cranks the motor... i have tried two other batterries but with the same result it may start the crank the motor over... slowly then fire. but when i shut it off and try to start it aghian it wont crank or barely crank. also the alternator is good cuz when i do get it running and disconnect the battery it seems to keep runnig fine and i do believe the alternator is pumpin out 14volts.... so any help would be great. thanks::confused:

·
Super Moderator
17,672 Posts
Check the engine and battery GROUND cable / connections for tightness (or missing?). ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
it could possibly be off time check that to, my jeep done the same thing and just a turn of distributer fixed the problem, have not had any problems out of sammy yet

·
Registered
173 Posts
it could possibly be off time check that to, my jeep done the same thing and just a turn of distributer fixed the problem, have not had any problems out of sammy yet
How true..... I forgot about that possibility. If it's too far advanced it will give that type of symptom ..... try marking where the distributor is now and move it back more toward retard and see if it spins faster then put a timing light to it if it does.
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts