Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and 1st post...I have a 2008 sx4 auto base model that seems to have a starter problem....its been sitting for a few months due to a rear differential issue that i just replaced. I was all ready to take her for a test run and when i went to start it, the starter seemed to just whine? I figured it might be just stuck from sitting so long on a dirt driveway/corrosion. I tried tapping it with a hammer while cranking it over but it's in a tight spot.

I'm assuming I'm going to have to remove it to either rebuild or just replace it. I cant find a thing online about any details changing this specific starter. Does anyone have any information or tips? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
first of all, disconnect your battery and remove it... (you will thank me later) as it gives you a little bit more space to work with. you'd have to get under the car....it is in the rear of the engine, very close to the crossmember. get under the car to disconnect the electrical connections from the starter.

then from top you'd need to undo the two bolts that hold fasten the starter to the bellhousing, once bolts are loose you have to pry off the starter and shimy it off between the hoses and electrical connections. it comes our from above. Just needs a bit of work.

Important: there is a gasket/shim that fits between the started and bellhousing that might come out with the starter, it has a weird shape you are going to need it for the new starter.

to install the new one reveerse the steps.

hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts