Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a 1.6 conversion motor from suzistore into my sj50 ute went in pretty easy it runs great besides a squealing/squeak noise i can't seem to find out where its comin from i checked alternater , fan belt and gunna check timing belt 2moz. Any 1 got any ideas on wat it could be ??? its anoying the hell out of me :mad:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Timing belt too tight will cause a squeak. Can you hear a squeak squeak with it idling?

Does it happen when the engine is cold or warm? When revving the engine or all the time?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Are u sure it is coming from the engine ?
Some use a mechanic's stethoscope to find the source. (A redneck one, is a piece of very flexible hose with a shortish piece of metal brake line stuck in it. Some even ductape a funnel on the end that goes in the ear.)
If it is coming from the front of the engine, is the timing belt cover 'seated' correctly. When not, they can cause rubbing on the plastic by some component under it. Eventually going away when it rubs a whole in the cover.
If the timing belt is not running true it can touch (gouge) the cover.
All/any running belts could be the offender.
If at the back of the engine, could be clutch related.
Above all....contemplate....my scrape may be ur squeak.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya squeaks will idling but not that bad seems to be worse when reved / heated up, i will check timing belt this arvo . i put a new heavy duty exedy clutch in with motor .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved

I spend some time this arvo trying find the problem i checked timing belt and few other things they were all fine. So i grabbed a bit of garden hose and listened it seemed to be coming from where engine and tranny are married and then i realised the freaking sump on the engine had a sealant on it and the sump and sealer were rubbing on flywheel bit of grease PROBLEM SOLVED hahahahah i thought it was pretty funny.:D

cheers for the replys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts