Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided on the Calmini shackle reverse. Everything went together well until I got to the Front of the rear springs. I also bought the retro bushings for that. I got the bushings out, finally, what was left was a steel sleeve inside the spring. All of the other bushings came right out, and the new ones went right in. Does this sleeve have to come out as well? New bushings appear to be same size as the sleeve and would look as though it need to be removed as well. Thought I'd ask the pros before I start whaling away at it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DAMN!! Oh well, guess I'll sharpen up that cold chisel. Thanks, thats what I figured. But have you ever had you gut feelings lie to you and destroy something because you guts said it had to go, only to discover it really needed to stay.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I know the feeling. Try forcing the screwdriver into the opening of the spring where it curls around and touches the flat. Put it in the center of the end and tap it with the hammer. This will open the eye enough to slide out the sleeve.
Man, I hate doing this from my phone where I don't have any pics to show what I mean...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the tip. i understand what your talking about. in the center should open the eye fairly equally across the width of the spring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bill, that worked, I'm missing the hide from a couple knuckles and had to chase that screw driver accross the garage floor a few times but they are out!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts