Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out here.

This caught my eye because is the same car as mine (including color) except is a year newer and is a manual instead. Only 34K miles! Pictures look super nice. A lot of people already bookmarked it for monitoring.

Thought someone might be interested.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice one for sure, the price isn't real bad either, IMO.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,250 Posts
Check it out here.

This caught my eye because is the same car as mine (including color) except is a year newer and is a manual instead. Only 34K miles! Pictures look super nice. A lot of people already bookmarked it for monitoring.

Thought someone might be interested.
One never knows for sure, ALL cherries have pits.....

.... Philip

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looks extremely clean and well cared for. Hard to believe it is from the Rust Belt.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I am willing to bet if you were to buy the Carfax (or in this case Autocheck) you will find that it not native to NY (or NE) but bought buy someone to rebuild for resale. IF the report shows a gap in time or skips states it could indicate that it was a total loss in one state and title washed in another.

Buyer Beware.

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,548 Posts
Nice and clean photo, but I will bet that the mileage is 139,000 and not 39,000 - being sold 'as is', of course, and yes, I would expect some pits somewhere.....

·
Registered
467 Posts
There's nothing to indicate that the mileage is over 100K, not the paint, not the carfax report, and certainly not the odometer, which has the 6th position, unlike the 89-93's. The title doesnt have to be in NY, its just where its being sold. The Trackers Ive flipped have never been re-titled under my name.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,250 Posts
The Trackers Ive flipped have never been re-titled under my name.
In Canada that is known as a curber, Totally illegal.....

.... Philip

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It's also illegal in most states here, I believe.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Let's say there is a reason a truck from the mid-west ends up in NYS. You can bet it isn't bc it was a cream puff (from a rust free state) and he got a good deal. It is usu. a sign of title washing meaning the thing was flooded, totaled, or otherwise had troubles.

Could the mileage have been rolled back? Certainly, I would expect any 1995 to have well more than 100K miles or some explanation why it doesn't.

I had a 4Runner I bought new and drove for 10 yrs til it was totaled in an accident w/218K mi. (not my fault but who would believe that).

So bc I was in the market for the next couple years I often used Carfax. Well about 2 yrs later I decided to run the VIN and to my surprise there were gaps in the dates and it was titled in 2 other states and claimed to have been damaged in a hurricane in NJ but was sold in MA. The mileage was right but NO mention of a CT life.

While it certainly could have been damaged again after the insurance took it - there was absolutely NO mention of the accident in CT where it was totaled. I wrote Carfax about it but never received a reply.

There may be absolutely nothing wrong with this one IF everything has been repaired but you can be sure there is a reason why people don't disclose the truth. It just looks suspicious to me.

Approach with caution and both eyes wide open.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It appears to be sold, although the original ad is now kind of weird. Says its a 2011 Geo, sold for over $15k, and has no pictures. :confused:

edit: Now the link is showing an Isuzu Rodeo. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It appears to be sold, although the original ad is now kind of weird. Says its a 2011 Geo, sold for over $15k, and has no pictures. :confused:

edit: Now the link is showing an Isuzu Rodeo. :confused: :confused: :confused:
A 2001 Rodeo for $5900....
Anyone starting to see a pattern develop?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Its really hard to put 139000 miles on a Tracker and still have it looking in mint condition. Did you see the pics of the underside? So you'd roll the odometer back AND take meticulous care of the entire car? Doubt it, not for a couple thousand dollar profit. That car was probably sold locally on the lot, which is why the ad has changed. There's too much work to do a 20 year conspiracy in carfax for that little of money. There are diamonds out there.

·
Super Moderator
19,084 Posts
I'm really perplexed and intrigued by this Dealer.

I'd like to know how one can have an e-Bay ad up for one item and change-out all of the info and pics to another vehicle for the same link / auction. :huh:

That (and it gets weirder) if you look at his e-Bay ads both current and completed, the Tracker doesn't exist! :rolleyes:

And look what else he has up for auction. A mint Virginia sourced 2000 GV Limited with 21,466 miles on it, for a HEAP of $'s.
And who in their right mind takes and attaches 200 pics to an ad! :D

Suzuki Grand Vitara | eBay

·
Super Moderator
19,084 Posts
Additionally interesting...

This Dealer is allegedly out of Staten Island NY and appears to broker vehicles from numerous sources.

Google up his telephone # (which appears as a Florida based phone BTW) and he's selling "Cars From the UK" too, amongst other places!

Classic Cars for Sale

http://www.saabclassic.net/inventory.aspx?lid=786

And then there is their Rover site...
http://roverclassic.com/

No offense to my Yankee buddies (I'm originally one too) but I wouldn't enter into any ventures with used car folks out of the NY/NJ (Big Apple) area selling vehicles with no warranty, "as-is and where-is". :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
19,084 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Some don't see the pattern but that is why he is running these ads ;)

My guess is he takes the deposit required to bid and you never here from him again. They all seem to be BUY It NOW ads so he could take several bids before the ad comes down. NOW that IS a reason to take meticulous care of these autos.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Like Max said, the odd thing is ebay always shows closed auctions. The seller has no control over that. The Tracker is nowhere to be found, at least I couldn't find it. The link should still show the closed auction, not another vehicle. Really strange.

ORF-Tracker, I totally agree. That thing was definitely a low mile unit. It was extremely clean even for 39k miles on it. It almost looked like it had less than 10k miles on it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts