Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I took apart my two front hubs to change the wheel bearings when I noticed that the axles where loose inside the spindles. I took them apart also and found out that one of them has a bronze bushing and the other one a needle bearing. To the one whith the bronze bushing the play was significally more than the one with the needle bearing. Is it normal to have some sort of play in there? Any ideas why they are different? Maybe different year parts? Region? Any information will be appreciated.

Its a 1998 spanish vitara jx 1.6

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Actually I found out that prior to 95 was with the bushing. Now if anyone knows if can I change the bushing with a bearing? And should be there any play at all? I find it weird!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow nobody came across this before? seems like there isn't much info in the web also, I've been searching for hours... or I'm just plain stupid:)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Interesting.

If it is bushing prior to 1995 and needle bearing after, the bushing must be good enough for the job, or we'd have more people with issues with the early rigs! (IE: It would almost be common knowledge on this forum.)

If I have time I'll look at my 1989 Kick, then my 1996 Sport and compare. The Sport needs one locking hub replaced and the other needs service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts