Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, speedo is not working? rev counter is fine? checked connection and all seems well. When I'm driving a ticking sound is coming from around the glovebox area and ticking sound becomes faster with increase in acceleration. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated regards ben

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the rev meter/tachometer run off an electric signal from the coil. It's not part of the speedometer which has a mechanical interface to the speedo cable. I agree with lokdzuk, sounds like the cable broke or came off. Its just press fitted on the back of the gauge cluster so it's possible that you just need to push it back on. If the plastic bit that it fits over "broke" off, then you would need a new speed sensor or gauge cluster.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Lokdzuk and Baratacus for replying, I ahd a look behind the speedo and the cable was securely connected. I removed it and the metal thread inside could easily be pulled from the sleeve? I take it, this is a clear indication of a broken cable? Are thay easy to replace and where does the opposite end connect to? thanks for the advice

·
Registered
105 Posts
they are fairly easy to replace the only problem i had was getting it behind the heater blower as mine is right hand drive and you only need a spanner to get the bolt out to be able to pull it out of the tcase a phillips head screw driver to pull the instrument cluster out and a torx head key to be able to drop the steering colum to be able to get the cluster out to make it easy to plug in i done mine on my lunch break at work took less than half hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts