Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When working on the cappuccino, do I need to arrange special tools?

For instance, while working on the cappu we found a nut that appears to be 13.5mm (which appears to 17/32), but as far as I can tell, all other nuts and bolts are metric.

·
Super Moderator
12,259 Posts
To answer your question - yes - special tools may be required, depending on the task being performed.

Having said that - all nuts & bolts on any Suzuki should be metric - in over two decades working on Suzukis, I have never found anything that didn't take a metric wrench. There are a few fittings that have BSP threads, for example, the oil pressure switch, but the nuts & bolts are all metric - your Cappucino may have been worked on by someone previously and non standard parts fitted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To answer your question - yes - special tools may be required, depending on the task being performed.

Having said that - all nuts & bolts on any Suzuki should be metric - in over two decades working on Suzukis, I have never found anything that didn't take a metric wrench. There are a few fittings that have BSP threads, for example, the oil pressure switch, but the nuts & bolts are all metric - your Cappucino may have been worked on by someone previously and non standard parts fitted.
I have an engine that's broken, depending on the damage it'll be an engine rebuild or an engine swap.

AS for the 13.5mm nut, I can't tell whether it started as a 14mm metric nut or was replaced by a 17/32 one by the previous owner.
The Cappuccino started its European life in the UK, so it's not a stretch.
So far we've encountered this around the exhaust system.

Would investing in a set of JIS screwdrivers be interesting?

·
Super Moderator
12,259 Posts
I've had very few issues with stripped screws on my Suzukis, when I think special tools, I'm thinking valve seal installation tools, flywheel holders, that sort of thing.

Regarding that 17/32 nut - if it came off an exhaust fitting, my guess would be the original threads corroded and some one forced a slightly smaller nut onto the stud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts