Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 2017 Ignis for a couple of years but only found this great site a couple of weeks ago. Car needs servicing this month and I had the shock of my life because the dealer charges £130 for 4 spark plugs. The Suzuki handbook sais NGK ILZKR6F11 but nobody seems to have these. Any help welcomed.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome to this forum. I'm guessing your Ignis has covered fair mileage since plugs only need changing every 63000miles / 84 months. Iridium plugs of the correct part number are pre-gapped and can simply be fitted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to this forum. I'm guessing your Ignis has covered fair mileage since plugs only need changing every 63000miles / 84 months. Iridium plugs of the correct part number are pre-gapped and can simply be fitted.
Just touching 60000 miles anybody done more?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Changed oil & filter, changed air filter and checked brake pads. New plugs arrived today so please any hints on fitting.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Changed oil & filter, changed air filter and checked brake pads. New plugs arrived today so please any hints on fitting.
  • Remove and install plugs with the engine cold.
  • Before removing anything, in order to prevent muck falling into a cylinder, clean the recessed area around the plug tubes. Blow the area clear or use a vacuum cleaner.
  • You can either disconnect the electrical connector at each ht coil or leave connected and just unclip the connecting leads.
  • Remove the bolt from each ht coil and pull out each coil complete with the ht connector tube
  • To remove the plugs use a 16mm plug socket with a long extension - the plugs are deeply recessed.
  • Use the plug spanner to grip the plug and lower into the plug recess. Plug gaps are pre-set. You can lightly oil the plug threads but don’t use anti seize compounds like Copaslip.
  • Screw plugs initially by hand only, then tighten until the plug seat contacts the cylinder head. Use a torque wrench to tighten to 23Nm or tighten by 90 degrees - a quarter turn of the wrench.
  • Thoroughly clean each coil assembly with a cloth moistened with WD40 or similar. Ensure the rubber seal is in place and fit the coil assemblies so that they clip to the plug.
  • Refit the securing bolt to each coil. These thin bolts are fragile and just need to be nipped up - don’t over-tighten.
  • Refit the lt connectors / refit the lt cables into the securing clips. The length of the lt leads is such that it would be difficult to make a wrong connection.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spot on ***. Bought a 16mm plug socket for £4.80. Changed the plugs in half a hour even though I was taking my time to do everything properly without rushing. Might just be me but looks that the car is running smoother with more zip. Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts