Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
There are no regulations regarding the use of space saver wheels, they're for limited use at <50MPH. Consequently a space saver doesn't need to be the same diameter as the road wheel. However for many reasons, a space saver shouldn't be too small and in the above case the wheel and tyre is 20% less in diameter than the road wheel, which is a bit extreme. The genuine Suzuki space saver is 15 inch which covers both the 15 and 16 inch wheel models of the Ignis. Therefore 15 inch should be seen as the minimum diameter on any 2016> Ignis and my preference would be to use a 16 inch wheel. As mentioned previously, the approved jacking points on the Ignis are quite wide so the saddle slot of many universal scissor jacks won't engage properly so there is a safety issue in that the car will be unstable when lifted.

If you buy a spare wheel and jack, it's always a good idea to "try it before you rely on it" to ensure that there aren't any snags when you fit the wheel on a dark and wet night!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Noted

The supplied jack does appears to fit. However the seller is refusing to do a refund at no cost to me so I'm going to escalate it to a formal complaint.

·
Registered
Ignis 2018
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yesterday I tried a r14 kit "biscuit wheel" from a seat arosa, and well, although it is small it can work like that, and even more so considering that it would be for a few kilometers until I get home. And I hope not to prick ...
Much better than using the puncture repair equipment that breaks down the wheel inside and then they don't want to repair.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought a full size wheel from a car breaker, and a scissor jack from Halfords. The wheel fits perfectly in the well once the polystyrene has been removed, the jack needs to sit in the boot, and needed securing with velcro to stop it sliding around. Peace of mind at last.
Cheers Colin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone help with a picture please. I've been trying to fathom out where the jacking point is on my 2017 Ignis SZ-T. The scissor jack that I have, similar to the one in "Gloucester's" earlier post, would seem to fit onto the pinch weld but the pinch weld on my Ignis appears to be covered by plastic. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
671 Posts
It's raining at present but the jack seems to fit onto a downward piece of steel that's curved up on itself

·
Registered
138 Posts
Can anyone help with a picture please. I've been trying to fathom out where the jacking point is on my 2017 Ignis SZ-T. The scissor jack that I have, similar to the one in "Gloucester's" earlier post, would seem to fit onto the pinch weld but the pinch weld on my Ignis appears to be covered by plastic. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
The jack position is shown earlier in this thread. There is a slight cutout on the lip of the sill front and rear. The jack rests on the steel plate protruding from the cutout. What appears to be plastic is actually spray applied stone chip compound finished over in the body colour.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The jack position is shown earlier in this thread. There is a slight cutout on the lip of the sill front and rear. The jack rests on the steel plate protruding from the cutout. What appears to be plastic is actually spray applied stone chip compound finished over in the body colour.
View attachment 99794
Hi "The Ignis", managed to take a few photos of the assumed jacking area on my SZ-T and it is different from the jacking area on your photo's (see photo 1). However I assume that my photo number 2 shows the jacking point on my car that equates to the jacking point shown in your photo with your jack in position. If only Suzuki would produce an owners handbook that was a bit more comprehensive.

·
Registered
138 Posts
For clarity, the gold car in my picture above is a SZ3 (which doesn’t have sill and arch trims) but the jacking points are the same on all models. On your car, the blue coloured section is the jacking point. However your car is a SZ-T and the sill area looks peculiar because the plastic sill trim is missing. The mounting points can clearly be seen and it looks like the area has been painted black to mask the absence of the trim. The trim is not only ornamental but also serves to minimise water and muck getting into the sill cavity.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For clarity, the gold car in my picture above is a SZ3 (which doesn’t have sill and arch trims) but the jacking points are the same on all models. On your car, the blue coloured section is the jacking point. However your car is a SZ-T and the sill area looks peculiar because the plastic sill trim is missing. The mounting points can clearly be seen and it looks like the area has been painted black to mask the absence of the trim. The trim is not only ornamental but also serves to minimise water and muck getting into the sill cavity.
Many thanks for clarifying :)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts