Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Ignis 2018
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Does anyone have a spare tire on their suzuki ignis III?
I have a 2018 ignis and I would like to buy one but I do not know the necessary size.
Thanks a lot

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
Wouldn't the norm be to match the spare to the road wheels?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Assuming that you have 16 inch wheels with 175 / 60 / 16 tyres and you want a spare the same size as the fitted wheels - the spec is 5Jx16 ET40, 4 stud, fitted with a 175 / 60 /16 tyre. The easiest way of doing this would be to purchase an Ignis wheel and tyre from a breakers. Alternatively, space saver wheels are available. You can purchase a space saver for around £100 - less than half Suzuki dealer price.

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
Assuming that you have 16 inch wheels with 175 / 60 / 16 tyres and you want a spare the same size as the fitted wheels - the spec is 5Jx16 ET40, 4 stud, fitted with a 175 / 60 /16 tyre.
He might need to know the PCD of the four studs as well.

·
Registered
670 Posts
You need the rest of the kit too - jack, wheelbrace, etc. Just get the normal spacesaver kit.

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
So why didn't you just tell him!
Because I don't know for certain what it is - it's probably a 4x100mm, but, that's just a guess.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You need the rest of the kit too - jack, wheelbrace, etc. Just get the normal spacesaver kit.
Wheelbrace is already supplied with the inflation kit. Remember also to recover the towing eye when removing the polystyrene insert from the boot well.
Many owners are now relying on their breakdown service for a spare - especially on cars not equipped to carry a large spare. All RAC patrols carry universal emergency wheels. You simply get the original wheel repaired at an approved outlet who keep the emergency wheel to be collected by the RAC.

·
Registered
670 Posts
You're right! There IS a wheel brace - not sure what for since there's no jack...

·
Registered
38 Posts
PCD is clearly mentioned on the link I sent.
4 x 100 for all models.
With the information on that link you can go to any wheel supplier and get a full set of fancy mags that will bolt straight on as per the original wheels.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You're right! There IS a wheel brace - not sure what for since there's no jack...

View attachment 99410
It’s also got the tool for removing the trim on 15 inch wheels. Apparently the wheelbrace is supplied in order to check the security of wheelnuts from time to time!

Whilst on the subject, it’s worth keeping an eye on the best before date printed on the sealant bottle. When it’s six months or so out of date it goes gloopy and causes blockages when attempting to inject it.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
It also wrecks the tyre, the majority of repair shops won't fix a tyre that's had it injected.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've just purchased a spacesaver with tyre, jack and wheelbrace for £45 on eBay - came today, haven't unwrapped it yet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've just purchased a spacesaver with tyre, jack and wheelbrace for £45 on eBay - came today, haven't unwrapped it yet.
I don’t know if it’s the same one but there has been an EBay advert for a while for a 2016 - 2020 space saver, £50 or best offer. The genuine Suzuki space saver is 15 inch but the one on EBay is 14 inch which is too small. The Ignis has a wide L shape flange at the jacking points and the EBay jack is unsuitable, the cutout in the saddle is too narrow - this is an universal jack. You’ll also need the Suzuki hold - down bolt to retain the wheel.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Well I've unwrapped it now but haven't yet tried it out on the car - waiting for it to warm up a bit - here's what I got:

Why do you suggest the wheel is too small? I know for a Qashqai either a 16" or a 17" spacesaver wheel is available and can be used - the tyre size differs to suit the rolling diameter required.

I wasn't going to bother using a holding down bolt - I was just going to wrap the wheel in bubblewrap.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts