Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can see from my Avatar that my 1995 Suzuki Vitara JLX has rather fat tires & 15" alloys - they came with it.

The problem is that the spare wheel on the back is of the original kind and alot larger. If I have a blow out it's useless! What should I do?

How or what do I do to carry a spare tyre? Can I get an emergency spare 15" wheel for use until I fix the bad one?

Cheers

·
Registered
270 Posts
You obviously cannot use the spare. Suggest a can of tyre sealer and a 12v compressor - and/or membership of a recovery organisation like AA or RAC.

Unless of course, you can get another 15" wheel and tyre, but would it fit on the bracket depending upon your use of spacers and the depth of the "dish". Try one of your wheels to test - if it fits visit your local wheel store - or get a standard 15" wheel and tyre to give the same radius to use as a spare - again you will have to watch out for the stud fittings and clearance of calipers. If in doubt take advice from your local wheel store (I have found ATS helpful in my area).

Beancounter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replacement covers are readily available from a number of online sources and most auto parts stores. Most of these retailers will have covers made by the original manufacturer for almost any vehicle. There are also covers to fit any wheel size. If you have trouble finding the exact cover made for your vehicle, there are a number of universal covers available that will fit almost anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts