Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though our car has reverse sensors and Suzuki fit reverse camera the wife has still managed to reverse into a metal post that has put a crack in the outer plastic cover :rolleyes: Cannot find a used one in right colour and won't even both with the dealers as they probably would want an arm and both legs for one so was considering the ones with a stainless outer ring which would prob look a bit better than the original. Question is are they a straight fit after removing the rear plastic piece behind the tyre, assume they just clamp to the tyre ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I sold my perfectly good spare wheel cover as I prefer the look of a bare spare wheel and tyre - the cover doesn't really provide any security. The wheel is normally securely locked to the car with the locking wheel nut.
I also have bigger sized tyres which don't fit well inside the cover.
Not having a cover also makes changing the tyre much quicker and easier if you ever need to.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Same as Phillip. Larger tyres means no more wheel cover.

Good news is that I now have a spare mounted bike carrier (which lets me open the rear door with the bikes on) and a wheel mounted storage bag for the fold up dunny and camp rubbish. Neither of these would have fitted over the cover.

Cheers
Wes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts