Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Does anyone have detail or pictures of the boot space on the Vitara with one or both seats folded?

I am looking to transport some road bikes (with front wheels removed) but can't find any dimensions, specifically height of opening and height of seat to roof.

Was wondering whether anyone has tried this?

Many thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
I can just about fit a full size hybrid ebike in the boot with both seats folded and the passenger seat almost fully forward, but that’s with both wheels (27.5”) left on. The height of the seat to the roof is restricted by the centre seat belt mechanism which lives in the roof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Rob.

If you removed the front wheel do you think it would fit with the 60 seat down and the 40 up? Also your bike would that have flat or drop handlebars?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Neighbour gets a 29" Giant 29er2 mountain bike in his one with both seats down and front wheel off with no alterations other than turning the handlebars so they don't foul on the roof or seatbelt
I have to do the same to get it in the GV but I think he actually has more space in his as I have big wheel arch lumps in mine

Reactions: flatjack

·
Registered
474 Posts
Many thanks Rob.

If you removed the front wheel do you think it would fit with the 60 seat down and the 40 up? Also your bike would that have flat or drop handlebars?
I have flat handlebars. I have to put the bike in diagonally with the rear wheel pushing up to the back of the front passenger seat and then turn the front wheel to almost 90° so that the tailgate will shut.

I have this bike in Medium if you want to compare dimensions.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
damn, nice looking E Bike, shame we don't get them here, or at that price.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It’s actually quite impressive even without any suspension. I have managed 35-40 miles on canal towpaths when the bike was relatively new and the power delivery is easy to live with. I had a full ankle replacement so needed help for the hills etc and without this, I’d never have got on a bike after a 40 year absence.

I’d like to say it’s helping my fitness but there are 3 of us (all over 60) who do a 15-20 mile ride calling at any pub that’ll have us with a couple of standby cans in the backpacks !

It‘s like a bad remake of Last of the Summer Wine.

Reactions: flatjack

·
Registered
474 Posts
damn, nice looking E Bike, shame we don't get them here, or at that price.
It’s made in Taiwan, which is why it doesn’t her hit by the anti dumping taxes that Chinese bikes attract, so I’m surprised you don’t see similar models over there.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
We have similar styles here but it definitely looks like the UK and Europe get different looking bikes

·
Registered
474 Posts
We have similar styles here but it definitely looks like the UK and Europe get different looking bikes
We get restricted to 250W and 15.5 mph though. I think you guys have higher power and speed limits which would mean 48V systems and sled batteries.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
We get restricted to 250W and 15.5 mph though. I think you guys have higher power and speed limits which would mean 48V systems and sled batteries.
yeah, we get the souped up run everybody down models.

300W max, and up to posted speed limit. Hell, I can do 50 kph on my plan pedal powered MTB.
I will admit to getting a speeding ticket for 61 in a 50 zone a few years ago on a road bike, yes it was a bit down hill and the cop had no sense of humour.

·
Registered
474 Posts
yeah, we get the souped up run everybody down models.

300W max, and up to posted speed limit. Hell, I can do 50 kph on my plan pedal powered MTB.
I will admit to getting a speeding ticket for 61 in a 50 zone a few years ago on a road bike, yes it was a bit down hill and the cop had no sense of humour.
LOL. I think I told you before that my one and only speeding ticket was picked up in Gore. 111kph in a very nice rental Mazda MPS. Good job they weren’t in Wannaka a few days before when I was cruising at considerably more than that.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Mines more impressive as a ticket, I was peddling not leaning on the little pedal on the tight hehehe

You were lucky in gore, usually the sound of the banjo's drowns out the cop sirens

1 - 13 of 13 Posts