Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anybody got a parts vehicle in this area? Seems the scrappers have all dried up and I need a transmission crossmember for my '95 (see signature). Mine must've met with a large obstruction and got tweaked. I'm in the middle of a tranny swap, replacing all of my engine/transmission mounts and I don't want to ruin new mounts by using a bent crossmember. I'm not equipped here to bend it back into shape. Put it this way, it got whacked hard enough to tear the metal. I know that probably makes some of you sick to your stomaches so let me tell you that I didn't do it. Must've been the PO. ;-)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't have much faith that this is going to get viewed here [i myself look here maybe once every couple of years], but thank you moderators for moving it to the classifieds. I guess forum rules must be followed/enforced. *frown/sigh* So if I simply started a thread about a screwed up crossmember and didn't mention that I was looking for one in my area, then it'd be left in the forum? *rolleyes* The BOZO must abide.

In the interest of saving valuable web space for your paying members, why not just go ahead and delete the thread altogether. I can probably expect the same results either way. Thanks again.

BTW, I'm not angry. I understand that there are rules and that they must be enforced. *more sighing* But it is a bit frustrating. ;-)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got one. Thanks.

If anybody around here needs parts from a 97 4 door automatic 4wd with auto hubs, check Horseheads Pick-a-part. They have one in good shape from out of state (less rust). Looks like a relatively new 16-valve cylinder head, but the junk yard markings say it has a bad engine. Not sure if the head is damaged or not.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that's quite a drive, Papa, but thanks for the tip. I'm a stones throw north of the border and a little west.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts