Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,419 Posts
I take it you realize that South America is a large continent with roughly a dozen countries - you're going to be lucky if you get an answer from each one of those countries.

I will answer for Guyana - my best guesstimate is that there are between one to two dozen running Samurais here, and that number is unlikely to increase, in that size range there are probably more Mitsubishi Pajero Juniors - I believe you will find the most common 4WD to be the Toyota Hilux.

I suspect that for much of the continent, you will find that the Samurai population is quite small, Brazil may be the exception.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
There seem to be a fair number of Samurais in Colombia, from what I can understand they were sold there until around 10 years ago. Brazil has had the Jimny for some time so I would think Samurai numbers would be diminishing like they are in most markets.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Colombia use to assemble the Jimny until 2010. Ecuador would import from Colombia until 2010.
Ecuador, Colombia and Chile you do see the SJ413 Tin top and raised roof but no convertibles like the US Samurai.

Argentina does not import them.
Chile sell them but seems like the Brazilian models are nicer w/ more options.

Brazil assembles the 2015 Jimny models in manual and automatic. All models are 4x4 (no fun without it... right?!)

Models available are
Jimny 4All (Standard model)
Jimny 4Sun (rag roof)
Jimny 4Sport (Snorkel, roof rack steps, nicer flares & bumper, etc)
Jimny 4Work (Not sure what different from the 4Sport, maybe manual roll up window?)

Suzuki Jimny Brazil

Wish they would reimport these into the States.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts