Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any aftermarket or reasonably priced source for this piece of plastic?:

I would like a black one because this one looks like shit.

·
Super Moderator
24,465 Posts
Junkyard is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Is there any aftermarket or reasonably priced source for this piece of plastic?:

I would like a black one because this one looks like shit.
Do you really need whole thing, or are your brackets, that attach to the tailgate, deteriorated?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Now this is a good project for the Loctite 660 or practice with a fiberglass repair kit. Try to mold your own.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
Time to investigate a 3D printer...

..... Philip

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you really need whole thing, or are your brackets, that attach to the tailgate, deteriorated?
As far as I can tell the brackets look to be functional. They probably couldn't be hurt by being replaced either.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
As far as I can tell the brackets look to be functional. They probably couldn't be hurt by being replaced either.
The reason I asked is, I live in the rustbelt and have had to reconstruct the brackets. There are a few Trackers at the local boneyard with good plastic license covers, but brackets and handle (tailgate release) bad.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Try: Row52 | Search for vehicles at self-service auto recycling yards!

I plugged in a random zip code for the middle of Missouri, found several pick-n-pull yards... just no Trackicks. There is a 2002 Suzuki XL-7 (vin: JS3TX92V324104260) in the PICK-n-PULL St. Louis yard. St. Louis, MO 63147. It was put on the yard Jan 02, 2014, so it is most likely picked over pretty good. :(

If you sign up on row 52, You can set up alerts for when cars are put on the lot. At least then you are more likely to find what you need... important if you have to drive a 'few' miles. ;)

OBTW: how much would you be willing to pay... shipped? I am asking because I most likely could find one near here. If the numbers work out.... And if you can wait until my next pick-n-pull trip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts