Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 GV Luxury 4wd
Does anyone know of a place to buy aftermarket exhaust components? I need the intermediate muffler (the one piece muffler and pipe from the cat to the rear muffler) and rear muffler. The OEM parts will cost over $800!! Yikes. Any online sources or has anyone had exhaust work done at a national chain place? If so which one?

Mind you, I don't want a loud exhaust, I want to maintain the stock sound.

My exhaust is rusted and leaking where the two pipes connect. The rest seems to be in good shape without any rot. If I cant find any parts at a reasonable price I might try a custom pipe shop, maybe they can cut off the rusted pieces and weld in some new pipe. Thanks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Are you sure you need new pipes? The wear part is generally the thick seal that fits between the separate pipes. It may be that a new seal will fix your leak. I don't know of an aftermarket source, sorry.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here is your chance to get a custom exhaust made up, and a cheaper option i think.
I will never buy new parts again. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your answers. I searched extensively online for the pipe and muffler with no luck. I thought I would ask here before giving up, and you have confirmed what I have found on my own, no aftermarket stuff. So I will look for a local shop that does pipe work and get it repaired that way.

I have not removed the pipes yet to find out, but the seal is probably bad. But in addition to that there are holes in the pipe right at the flanges on both sides where it bolts together, its all rotted. (Thank you upstate NY winters and tons and tons of road salt)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Exhaust problem?!

I live in NY also and I also have a GV that just started to have some noise coming out of the exhaust. I checked it at Mavis and they told me it's only a seal even tho I saw a O ring rusted (broken). I would suggest you to try autopartswarehouse.com. They usually have what I need and I believe they have exhaust components also. They're pretty cheap too. Goodluck and if you find something let me know please, I might be interested too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.