Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there..just broke the drivers side front coil spring on my 2004 Aerio.
Would anyone know of a source (OEM or aftermarket) that would supply this spring?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much,
Scott

·
Super Moderator
17,595 Posts
Where are you located? :huh:

You should replace BOTH fronts as a set due to the other being somewhat weakened with use / age.

Replacing just the one may cause unequal support thus odd stance or lean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Niagara Falls,Ontario Canada...but I have items shipped to Niagara Falls NY as I am only 10 minutes from the border.
Cheers
Scott

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow..thank you so much for the info...I'll phone the Florida dealer tomorrow as it says their site doesn't guarantee stock...hopefully they'll have 2 in stock
Cheers and thanks
Scott

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rockauto.com about $150 each includes complete assembly.. Strut and spring. Easy repair. You will need front end alignment after repair.
Rockauto is an advertiser of suzuki forms.. If you want to go cheap.. Junk yard. Fits aerio 2004=2007.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Rockauto.com about $150 each includes complete assembly.. Strut and spring. Easy repair. You will need front end alignment after repair.
Rockauto is an advertiser of suzuki forms.. If you want to go cheap.. Junk yard. Fits aerio 2004=2007.
strut and spring does NOT require a re-alignment as these parts do not affect geometry if you replace them correctly and don't undo the camber adjusting bolts or subframe. undo the nuts #12, bolts holding strut to item #1 and remove strut and spring complete.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i FIGURED THAT IF THIS PERSON DID NOT KNOW WHERE TO PURCHASE THE PART HE WOULD NEED AN ALIGNMENT AFTER REPLACEMENT. POSSIBNLY IF YOU OR I WERE DOING THE JOB WE WOULD NOT NEED THE ALIGNMENT. I WAS COVERING ALL BASES.
BY THE WAY.. I HAVE PURCHASED MANY PARTS FROM ROCKAUTO AND HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD PART OR BAD EXPERIENCE.

·
Super Moderator
12,172 Posts
Strictly speaking, strut replacement does not require alignment, however, I would strongly recommend alignment after replacing springs on a macpherson strut front end - weak/sagging springs will cause both the toe & the camber to change, and if the vehicle needs the springs replaced, it's quite likely to need alignment also.

By the way pav - posting in upper case is considered as the equivalent of shouting and should be avoided.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts