Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete set of sound deadener from another car project (VW). It's Second Skin - pretty top of the line stuff. But not as expensive as Dynamat.

I was thinking about using it on a Samurai. It's either that or I sell it. Isn't going to improve anything acoustically. But it might cut down on road and engine noise. And heat from the firewall.

Any thoughts? I also have a ton of foil backed heat shield/sound deadener that does not have adhesive back. That might work better as little adhesive is needed. Real sound deadener has that adhesive back that probably won't come off.

I'd probably cover the floor. Everywhere under the carpet and firewall. And under the door and side panels.

This is for a daily driver. And mild trail use. I know for off road this probably doesn't matter at all. Just wondering if it's worth using on the Samurai or just selling it.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
It all depends on how good your earplugs are ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It all depends on how good your earplugs are ;)
I drove a Samurai for about 5 years in my 20's. Just stock. In the mountains of the PNW all the way into Mexico. And around Socal for years. But I was 20 something. A little older now. And can appreciate some quiet. lol.

Just trying to figure out how much of an advantage it will add. If it was a tin top I'd know it would reduce noise alot. Cause it does in full cab cars like VW bugs. But with the soft top or no top. I'm just curious how much it will help. I think it will cut the road noise and some of the firewall heat. But I don't recall much off hand. But it was like 30 damn years ago.

I have a ton of this crap laying around. So I might as well use it. Only draw back someone pointed out to me was the lack of being able to hose out the car. But honestly I don't foresee doing that. And you can still keep drain holes open for the possible rain getting in. But I doubt I will run this new one in the rain without a solid top. Either soft or hard. HArd top of course would add alot of sound insulation. Especially when sound deadener added to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im going to put Lizard skin in for a headliner and Dynomat inside the door panels. Should help with tinny sound and hopefully make the doors feel a little less like a beer can when you push them shut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts