Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my rims on my car the front end feels different.. Hard to explain but I will try my best... (the rims are fifteens with 195 55 15 tires on em) They are lighter then stock but dont know by how much.

Okay so heres whats going on, When I let out the clutch and go into another gear it feels like on tire gets power before the other, and if I get a sloppy shift it jerks from the left wheel to the right, almost feels like the motor is rocking back and moving to the left? I hit a bump and the car bounces slightly but yet it sways slighty to the left, (it just feels like something is loose somewhere) I notice on smooth roads some bumping almost like the rims are loose, but they were just retourqued about five minutes ago and still feel strange, no visual damage and everything fits properly.. I dont know how to explain it really but it feels unsafe...

Keep in mind this car had some front end damage (not salvaged title) but I can tell because the hood sits a little strange and the ar buckle points under the hood nothing major (you have to look very close to see these) doesnt look like anything major got damaged when who ever had it before me got into an accident... So ya. Any Ideas?

Thaks for the help, got a baby girl riding in the car so Im worried,

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
maby the frame got bent. could need an alignment or check the balencing. my car had a similar problem after putting new rims on they werent ballenced right

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ever since I got my rims on my car the front end feels different.. Hard to explain but I will try my best... (the rims are fifteens with 195 55 15 tires on em) They are lighter then stock but dont know by how much.

Okay so heres whats going on, When I let out the clutch and go into another gear it feels like on tire gets power before the other, and if I get a sloppy shift it jerks from the left wheel to the right, almost feels like the motor is rocking back and moving to the left? I hit a bump and the car bounces slightly but yet it sways slighty to the left, (it just feels like something is loose somewhere) I notice on smooth roads some bumping almost like the rims are loose, but they were just retourqued about five minutes ago and still feel strange, no visual damage and everything fits properly.. I dont know how to explain it really but it feels unsafe...

Keep in mind this car had some front end damage (not salvaged title) but I can tell because the hood sits a little strange and the ar buckle points under the hood nothing major (you have to look very close to see these) doesnt look like anything major got damaged when who ever had it before me got into an accident... So ya. Any Ideas?

Thaks for the help, got a baby girl riding in the car so Im worried,
Kind of sounds like the offset of the wheels are different. Maybe the stance is wider now and a little darty.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
offset for the rims is 4/100 I dont know what stock is, but when I park my cark the left tire is pointer straight and the right one is at a 40 degree angle so I think it just needs aligned.

·
Registered
240 Posts
offset for the rims is 4/100 I dont know what stock is, but when I park my cark the left tire is pointer straight and the right one is at a 40 degree angle so I think it just needs aligned.
yes get it aligned ASPA because if you don't your tire wear will be very bad and you'll have to end up getting new tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts