Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I have a Grand Vitara 1999 (just like Max's only green) 4WD. We had an accident with it recently while on holidays and it was fixed up at a local garage so we could get back home. But now we noticed an empty space near the engine and no one here (Nairobi) seems to know what is supposed to be there. here are the photo's:

Any ideas are appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
18,179 Posts
Hmmm. Right hand drive, huh.

Just where is the location in question of this missing part, in your pics? :huh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes, sorry right hand drive. Looking at the photo's in the top left corner just behind the air filter.

·
Super Moderator
18,179 Posts
You got me. :huh:

Hopefully another member with same model familiarity will chime in.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Are you certain you're missing something? Here are some pictures of RHD Grand Vitaras of 1998-2000 vintage with the 2.0l 4cyl engine (which yours appears to have fitted.) Excuse the upside down picture- that's how it has been posted on the internet.

·
Super Moderator
18,179 Posts
Nirrod. Are you referring to what looks (to me) as an add-on welded bracket here? :huh:

Comparing it to:

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
If the vehicle has ABS, the modulator will be in that location - if there is no ABS it will be empty.

It's unlikely that anyone removed the ABS modulator as it would require re-plumbing on the brake piping which would be difficult to accomplish with leaving visible signs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much for your replies. The car doesn't have an ABS so that would explain the empty space.
Possibly my impression of there being something before comes from the damage to the metal parts as a result of radiator acid leaking out when the car was upside down.
The thing is we never had a problem with this car so I'm not that familiar with what is under the bonnet. And since Suzuki is not very popular here (though I still don't understand why...) it is difficult to find someone who can reliably answer questions about them.
I love that murcod called it vintage :D Then my 1995 escudo and 1994 Prado must be ancient...

Thank you again for solving my problem.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I love that murcod called it vintage :D Then my 1995 escudo and 1994 Prado must be ancient...
:D It's an expression used here a lot when describing the period when something was made, not me saying it's by any means "ancient" or a proper "vintage vehicle".

PS: Definition straight from Google:
"the time that something of quality was produced."

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Possibly my impression of there being something before comes from the damage to the metal parts as a result of radiator acid leaking out when the car was upside down.
That would possibly have been brake fluid leaking- or battery acid? Both do nasty damage to paintwork. Coolant isn't anywhere near as aggressive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts