Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I've recently gotten a hard top for my 94 Tracker, but the back corners have never quite gotten snug and airtight. The soft top trim seems to be in the way. Does anyone know how to remove these pieces? I don't want to simply file them down in case I ever want to go back to a soft top. Or I might sell them, considering how rare they are. Any help is appreciated. I can provide pictures tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Hey y'all, I've recently gotten a hard top for my 94 Tracker, but the back corners have never quite gotten snug and airtight. The soft top trim seems to be in the way. Does anyone know how to remove these pieces? I don't want to simply file them down in case I ever want to go back to a soft top. Or I might sell them, considering how rare they are. Any help is appreciated. I can provide pictures tomorrow. Thanks.
If you have the plastic trim, that holds down the soft top, the pieces need to be removed, but, at least for the Bestop hardtop, you'll need a seal at the pinch weld, like on the earlier Tracker convertibles. The plastic pieces are screwed on thru counterbored holes and also use double-faced tape. At the very rear, at the tailgate sides, I think there are bolts that need removal as well. Good luck

EDIT the trim screws take a #1 phillips

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the trim pieces off. On my 94, it turns out there are just two plastic pieces on the rear corners. Removing the rear seatbelt assemblies (four bolts a piece) and a couple of screws on the top made the removal possible. I also removed my weather stripping on the body itself since the top has stripping of its own. I never thought to do this before because they seemed to line up nicely. Anyway, the top is nearly airtight now. I just have to figure out how to plug the holes on either side of my rear window where they meet the tailgate.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I just have to figure out how to plug the holes on either side of my rear window where they meet the tailgate.
Use some flat round head screws and some nuts?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah, there are gaps at both corners that I've stuffed rags into from the inside for the time being. I'm assuming there are some pieces missing. I'll take some pics but I need to fab some extra weather stripping or something.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I got this top, it had a crappy little rubber strip along the bottom window which was about to fall off. I ripped it off and replaced it with a piece of weather stripping that came off of the tailgate of another Tracker, and it fits almost perfectly. There's still space on either side of the stripping where air leaks in, though. It gets LOUD on the highway. Here are the pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsma576nvyo4eru/20140129_175402.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtru9zx9vs10idp/20140129_175411.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.