Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the proud new owner of this 1987 Sammy. It didn't come with anything but the bikini top, so I bought a soft top replacement, but I didn't even think about how the top rear of the soft top will stay up. I don't have any supports for it, so once I install it, it's going to flop down and look ridiculous.

I assume there is some light hardware I can buy and install, but where? I already have the full soft top, but no hardware.

·
Registered
32 Posts
From your picture, you are missing the rear top bow that fastens aft of the roll bar.

It has a joint in it, and a plastic base, and mounts in two scree holes on each side on the top of the tub about 12-18" aft of the roll bar.

You may be able to buy one from a salvage yard.

Bob

·
Registered
293 Posts
Suzuki Johns probably has the parts if you can't find them anywhere else.

You are also missing the snaps that go around the sides and back of the bed. There are also a couple of brackets on the back side of the targa that forms a long vertical slot that the sides of the top slip into - are they there?

·
Registered
4,296 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just use Suzuki Johns. Everything you need I have had to purchase for my Sami. Got everything from John. Prompt service, good prices.

GIZMO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i'm back to this, my rugged ridge soft top came in the mail, Suzuki Johns sent me the top bow and I've got these things mentioned in the post above. Now what? I think I have these things on correctly, but is the bow just supposed to move around so easily? I didn't fit the soft top over the bow because I didnt feel I was doing it right. Someone set me straight here?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
actually that's on backwards. It hinges on the front side of the mount and folds closed when the top is up. when the top is off you fold it forward so that the bow fits between the rear seat and the spare tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts